|Baby Time Group|
|Little Bear with his prize (the stuffed duck) from his first reading challenge (plus his library books for the week!)|
I am a huge supporter of reading to and with your child. The benefits of reading to your child are amazing!
- Develops language skills
- Improves future reading skills
- Increases interest and desire to read
- Increases vocabulary
- Enriches his life by exposing him to ideas, cultures, history, etc.
- Improves critical thinking skills
- Develops confidence
- Influences behaviors
- Prepares him for new experiences
- Creates bonding time
- Increases attention span
- Fosters natural curiosity
Attending a story time event at your library or bookstore adds even more to the benefit of reading.
- Learn social skills with other children and other adults
- Teaches listening behaviors
- Prepares for school
- Develops an external encouragement for education and reading
So if you don't already, please start reading with your child. They are never too young! And if you already read to your child, look into attending a story time at your local library or book store. They are typically free, fun and a great way to meet other parents!