barnwood chic background

Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Bear loves Books

Little Bear loves books!  We have been reading to him since he was born and it has obviously paid off. Out of all of his toys, books are the only thing that can keep him occupied for any period of time (even without someone reading to him) and this has been the case since he was 8 months old.  Little Bear and I go to the library for story time at least once a week and typically he checks out 10-12 books at a time.  We will read those books at least 3 times a day (before each nap and before bed plus any time he picks them up).  We also have stashes of books all through the house and at each of his "play stations."  We even have the tub books with his tub toys!

Little Bear reading his Funny Face book by Nicola Smee.


Since we love to read and I feel that reading is invaluable for learning and growing up happy, we thought that this would be a great opportunity to recommend some of Little Bear's favorite books (of course he loves everything with cars/trucks/trains or real baby pictures so we won't list all of those...).  Every once in awhile, we will give you some updates in case you are looking for something new to read.  Please share your favorites too!

I'm a Little Caterpillar by Tim Weare
Farm Kisses: A Bedtime Story by Marianne Richmond
Where is Baby's Belly Button? by Karen Katz
Feely Bugs by David A. Carter
What;s Up Duck? A Book of Opposites by Tad Hill
Mommies Says Shhh! by Patricia Polacco
Funny Face by Nicola Smee
Leaves by playBac

These two may not be his favorites but  they are part of his everyday routine:

Goodnight, Goodnight Sleepy Head by Ruth Krauss
Naptime by Elizabeth Verdick

3 comments:

  1. How cute!?!

    I will try my best to convince you that wool is easy & so good for your babe's cd bum! ;)

    Following you back! Welcome to the world of blogging!!! It's quite addictive! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the book recomendations! I am your newest follower. Thanks for stopping by my blog today I look forward to reading your post.

    One of my boys favorites is the wide mouthed bullfrog by Keith Faulkner.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My son loves books too... You should check out my giveaway and sign up, you could win The Hungry Little Caterpillar by Eric Carle.

    Thanks for stopping by my blog, I am happy to follow you back!!!!

    Hope
    http://www.peanutbutterandhopey.com

    ReplyDelete

We love your comments!