Materials: Empty egg carton, Plastic Easter eggs
Directions: Put plastic Easter eggs into the egg carton. Tada! You are done! :o) Told you it was easy and you didn't even need any skills.
|Oops - We've already lost some eggs!|
1. Play pretend! Toddlers love to imitate you and its much better to give them plastic eggs than real ones! Plus these are cheaper than buying the play food. If they aren't real enough for you just use some paint.
2. Practice fine motor skills. Little Bear loves to open and close the eggs and take them in and out of the carton.
3. Introduce opposites - Open/Closed, In/Out (See above!)
4. Practice sorting eggs by color (if you haven't painted them).
5. Practice counting eggs.
6. For a fun snack time, fill the eggs with different little snacks (raisins, crackers, etc.) and serve them in the carton. Or try out these Speckled Ice Cream Easter Eggs by Michelle at Heartfelt Balance, Homemade Life.
7. Whatever other fun things you can think of! :o)