barnwood chic background

Saturday, April 2, 2011

Sprouts of Green

As a biology teacher, you would think that I would live a green lifestyle.  I'm ashamed to admit that I really don't.  But since the arrival of Little Bear I have taken a greater interest in living simply and protecting our Earth so that he can have a bright future and live a responsible life.  Now I'm not planning on going crazy green, but making the small, simple changes that can add up to a better life.

We do the basics - recycle, have reusable water bottles, carry our own re-usable shopping bags, turn down the thermostat...  But now I am looking to make some changes in our lifestyle.  I don't want to overwhelm myself or Papa Bear, so we are going to take it a little at a time.  Here are my goals for the next year or so:

1.  Exclusively cloth diaper - Completed!
2.  Switch to mama cloth - In progress
3.  Line dry laundry - In progress
4.  Switch to reusable sandwich/snack bags
5.  Start a vegetable garden
6.  Switch to cloth napkins
7.  Switch to un-paper towels
8.  Make our own eco-friendly laundry detergent

I'll be sure to keep you posted on how it's going!

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love your comments!