As a biology teacher, you would think that I would live a green lifestyle. I'm ashamed to admit that I really don't. But since the arrival of Little Bear I have taken a greater interest in living simply and protecting our Earth so that he can have a bright future and live a responsible life. Now I'm not planning on going crazy green, but making the small, simple changes that can add up to a better life.
We do the basics - recycle, have reusable water bottles, carry our own re-usable shopping bags, turn down the thermostat... But now I am looking to make some changes in our lifestyle. I don't want to overwhelm myself or Papa Bear, so we are going to take it a little at a time. Here are my goals for the next year or so:
1. Exclusively cloth diaper - Completed!
2. Switch to mama cloth - In progress
3. Line dry laundry - In progress
4. Switch to reusable sandwich/snack bags
5. Start a vegetable garden
6. Switch to cloth napkins
7. Switch to un-paper towels
8. Make our own eco-friendly laundry detergent
I'll be sure to keep you posted on how it's going!